Use Appdome to integrate Okta Identity Cloud Single Sign-On using SAML or Open ID Connect to any mobile app - instantly, and without coding.
When Fused with Okta, apps can be integrated to support SAML or OpenID depending on what the Identity Provider supports. Apps do not need to support SAML or other authentication mechanisms to be Fused with the Okta Identity Cloud service.
Key use cases and features enabled by Appdome for Okta identity services include:
- Okta Hub URL
- Authentication Successful URI
- Okta Triggering URI
- OpenID Authentication
- Client ID
Additional Appdome Single Sign-On features:
- Cached Credentials
- In-App Private ID Vault
- Streamlined Authentication (for iOS)
Developers and non-developers can now easily implement the full functionality of the Okta SDK instantly, using a simple ‘click to implement’ UI, instead of manual coding.
The app you are Fusing on Appdome can be built with any tool such as xCode for iOS and Android Studio using any mobile development frameworks such as Xamarin, Cordova, and React Native.
This article will show you the steps to integrate your app with the OKTA - Identity Cloud SDK.
Steps to Fuse your App with the Okta Identity Cloud SDK
To get started, you will need to have an account on Appdome, a promo code to access the Okta SDK on Appdome, an iOS or Android App, and signing credentials.
If you don't have an account on Appdome, it's a simple process. Click here to create an account.
If you need any help, please click the chat icon on the bottom right of the Appdome platform or email Appdome support. We're happy to assist.
Login to Okta to Create a Native App and Pick an OpenID
After logging into your Okta environment follow these steps:
- Create an Okta Application
- Select Platform Native app
- Enable Sign-on method OpenID Connect and click Create
- Enter an Application name and a Login redirect URI then click Save
- Okta assigns OpenID Client ID
- Assign this app to users
- Gather the Okta Hub URL, Redirect URL, and ClientID
Add your iOS (IPA) or Android (APK) App to Appdome
After your account is ready, you will need to have your app binary available to upload to Appdome. You can use signed or unsigned IPA or APK files.
- To begin, click Add New App
- Upload new app or choose an app from the Catalog and click Add to My Apps
Your app will appear in your app library on the left side of the page when done.
Get ready to make your Fusion selections
After your app is uploaded to Appdome, you are ready to make your Fusion selections from the Fuse tab of the workflow.
- Select your App from your App Library
- Click Next
Add the Okta - Identity Cloud SDK
Now all you have is a few more button clicks. ;-)
- From the top of the Fusion workflow, select Identity
- Under SSO Services, slide the lever to the right to enable SSO Service Providers.
From the drop-down list, select OKTA - Identity Cloud
- Add the Okta Hub URL,
- Authentication Successful URI,
- Okta Triggering URI
- If your deployment uses Open ID - Enable OpenID Authentication
- If using OpenID Authentication - Enter the Client ID
- If you want to enable In-App Private ID Vault and/or Streamlined Authentication slide the lever to the right of them
- Click Fuse My App
Customize the App and change App Name
- After Fusing your App you will be taken to the Customize for your app
- Optionally you can edit the App Display Name, App Icon, App Favicon, Favicon File, and Favicon Position and Custom App Configuration Files
- Click Add Context to My App to integrate the app with the MaaS360 SDK and Appdome Advanced App Protection.
Signing the Fused App
In order to deploy an app, it must be signed. You can sign from with the Appdome platform.
Explanations for how to sign an app using the Appdome platform are available in the following knowledge base articles.
- To sign iOS app and/or sign an Android app
To skip the signing process and perform singing on your own, click the Skip button to the left of the Sign button to proceed to the app download section.
Wow, that's awesome! :-)
Download the Fused App to Deploy it to Mobile Device
Install the Fused app on your mobile device.
Launch the app with the SingleSignOn experience!
That's all there is to it!
Our blog on SSO has exciting information for you to read. Check out our blog here!
If you have any questions, please send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the chat window on the Appdome platform.