The Appdome Mobility Suite is unique to Appdome implementations and allows users to combine multiple services from a given EMM vendor into a single app, all in a single Fusion workflow. For example, using the Appdome Mobility Suite, Appdome users can combine EMM SDKs plus Secure Browsing and Secure Mail into the workflow of an app so that links within an app open specific email systems and browsers, ensuring a unified enterprise mobility experience for all users. The Appdome Mobility Suite also contains a variety of innovative App containment features such as the ability to prohibit document sharing and prohibit local contacts, so that apps leverage enterprise resources only. The app you are Fusing on Appdome can be built with any tool such as xCode for iOS and Android Studio using any mobile development frameworks such as Xamarin, Cordova, and React Native.
The Appdome Mobility Suite organizes the options Appdome provides to enhance the capabilities of EMM SDKs into one easy to navigate section. Note: This includes configuration options that were previously found under "Advanced settings" and "Dynamic Interaction Management" sections of the Appdome platform.
Unique configuration options available as part of the Appdome Mobility Suite include:
- Dynamic Container ManagementTM - Dynamically manage Data at Rest Encryption, Folder Management, and File and Folder name obfuscation, and Nested Filesystems. Read on..
- Adaptive App RoutingTM - allows latency sensitive application functions (e.g., VoIP) to operate using the routing protocols coded into the app, while preserving all other encryption and tunneling with a URL Exception List.
- Private Server Certificates and Authorities - You can add Private Server Certificates and Authorities to apps that you Fuse so that the app can validate the authenticity of an SSL server signed by a private enterprise CA. Learn more..
- Legacy Background/Push support (for iOS apps only) - enables push notifications to work even if the app uses legacy (deprecated) methods for background and push notification support.
- Enhanced Jailbreak and Root Detection from Appdome - allows customers to leverage side-by-side jailbreak and root detection from Appdome, together with the jailbreak and root detection from their chosen EMM vendor. Note: these features were previously listed under OS integrity in the prior Appdome platform. Want to know more? Click here..
- Universal App Scaling (for IOS apps only) - This feature allows an iPhone app to take advantage of iPad screen size and resolution (note: for apps to rotate, the app must be built to support rotation natively).
- Detect Developer Options/In-app Event Handling (Currently - Android Only) - These features allow developers to utilize Appdome security events as events within the app logic and create custom user experiences for these events for target use cases.
- Prohibit Local Contacts - This prevents the app, when applicable, from prompting users to import local contact.
- Prohibit Local Calendar - The app when used, is prevented from importing local calendar.
- In-App Calls Only - This option ensures all calls are made using the apps native dialer when applicable. This prevents the app from displaying alternate phone apps for starting calls when a phone number is clicked within the app.
- In-App Messages Only - This option ensures all message are made using the apps native messaging, when applicable. This prevents the app from displaying alternate messaging apps to use when a contact is clicked within the app.
- Appdome PreAuth with Pre-Authentication URL - Enables the app to use BlackBerry Dynamics authentication through KCD.
Note: Connect Secure Browser, Connect Secure Email, Prohibit Document Sharing, Prohibit Local Contacts, In-App Calls Only, and In-App Messages Only were previously found in Dynamic Interaction Management on the prior Appdome Platform.
The purpose of the Appdome Mobility Suite is to cover more enterprise mobility use cases, across more apps so that users get amazing experiences regardless of the use case or app.
Thanks for visiting the Appdome knowledge base! We hope Appdome is living up to our mission of simplifying your mobile integrations. If you don't already have an account, you can sign up for free. Happy Fusing!