Within the Management service category on Appdome (the Management Tab), Appdome users have access to a wide range of 3rd party EMM/MDM services from multiple vendors. Each implementation varies by vendor but all implementations on Appdome share the same configuration options, which we make available to all Appdome users. For example, all Appdome users have the ability to customize the App BundleID and App Version on Appdome, regardless of the EMM vendor selected. This ensures a consistent experience across all vendors for Appdome users. Let's summarize the key configuration options available to all users within the Management Tab.
Common Configuration Options
After you select an Enterprise Mobility Management service (EMM SDK) to Fuse to an app, you can also change the EMM Vendor Entitlement ID, and EMM Vendor Entitlement Version. This is shown below as "GD Entitlement ID" and "GD Entitlement Version" (using Blackberry EMM as the example).
Users can also change the App Bundle ID and App Version as shown above. Note: App Bundle ID and App version were previously listed under "Customize App" in the prior Appdome platform.
The default App Bundle ID and App Version are derived from the app that has been added your Appdome account and should match the EMM Vendor Entitlement ID and EMM Vendor Entitlement Version to be used by the Fused app. Changing the App Bundle ID is strongly recommended for enterprise deployments and push notifications so that apps utilize a unique bundle ID for each account. Changing the App Bundle ID will update the EMM Vendor Entitlement ID automatically.
Appdome Mobility Suite
The Appdome Mobility Suite is unique to Appdome implementations and allows users to combine multiple services from a given EMM vendor into a single app, all in a single Fusion workflow. For example, using the Appdome Mobility Suite, Appdome users can combine EMM SDKs plus Secure Browsing and Secure Mail into the workflow of an app so that links within an app open specific email systems and browsers, ensuring a unified enterprise mobility experience for all users. The Appdome Mobility Suite also contains a variety of innovative App containment features such as the ability to prohibit document sharing and prohibit local contacts, so that apps leverage enterprise resources only.
The Appdome Mobility Suite organizes the options Appdome provides to enhance the capabilities of EMM SDKs into one easy to navigate section. Note: This includes configuration options that were previously found under "Advanced settings" and "Dynamic Interaction Management" sections of the Appdome platform.
Unique configuration options available as part of the Appdome Mobility Suite include:
- Dynamic Container ManagementTM - Dynamically manage Data at Rest Encryption, Folder Management, and File and Folder name obfuscation, and Nested Filesystems. Read on..
- Adaptive App RoutingTM - allows latency sensitive application functions (e.g., VoIP) to operate using the routing protocols coded into the app, while preserving all other encryption and tunneling with a URL Exception List.
- Private Server Certificates and Authorities - You can add Private Server Certificates and Authorities to apps that you Fuse so that the app can validate the authenticity of an SSL server signed by a private enterprise CA. Learn more..
- Legacy Background/Push support (for iOS apps only) - enables push notifications to work even if the app uses legacy (deprecated) methods for background and push notification support.
- Enhanced Jailbreak and Root Detection from Appdome - allows customers to leverage side-by-side jailbreak and root detection from Appdome, together with the jailbreak and root detection from their chosen EMM vendor. Note: these features were previously listed under OS integrity in the prior Appdome platform. Want to know more? Click here..
- Universal App Scaling (for IOS apps only) - This feature allows an iPhone app to take advantage of iPad screen size and resolution (note: for apps to rotate, the app must be built to support rotation natively).
- Detect Developer Options/In-app Event Handling (Currently - Android Only) - These features allow developers to utilize Appdome security events as events within the app logic and create custom user experiences for these events for target use cases.
- Connect Secure Browser - When enabled, this feature ensures web links clicked in the app with the EMMs secure web browser app. Look here for more detail..
- Connect Secure Email - When enabled, this feature ensures email links clicked in the app are opened in the EMMs secure email app.
- Prohibit Document Sharing - This feature prevents documents from being shared or exported from the app.
- Prohibit Local Contacts - This prevents the app, when applicable, from prompting users to import local contact.
- In-App Calls Only - This option ensures all calls are made using the apps native dialer when applicable. This prevents the app from displaying alternate phone apps for starting calls when a phone number is clicked within the app.
- In-App Messages Only -This option ensures all message are made using the apps native messaging, when applicable. This prevents the app from displaying alternate messaging apps to use when a contact is clicked within the app.
Note: Connect Secure Browser, Connect Secure Email, Prohibit Document Sharing, Prohibit Local Contacts, In-App Calls Only, and In-App Messages Only were previously found in Dynamic Interaction Management on the prior Appdome Platform.
The purpose of the Appdome Mobility Suite is to cover more enterprise mobility use cases, across more apps so that users get amazing experiences regardless of the use case or app.
Thanks for visiting the Appdome knowledge base! We hope Appdome is living up to our mission of simplifying your mobile integrations. If you don't already have an account, you can sign up for free. Happy Fusing!
EMM Vendor Services (Additional SDKS)
If the Vendor has additional enterprise mobility SDKs, we will display them in a vendor-specific configuration area (shown below using Blackberry as the example).
Additional services can be anything, from identity and authentication to launchers, etc. Enjoy!
Advanced App Protections
With every Fusion a user makes, adding services to an app on Appdome, Fused apps are protected with Advanced App Protections from Appdome. These protections include:
- Checksum Validation
- App Integrity/Structure Scan
- Anti-Reversing (Code Obfuscation)
I hope you like the new workflow, please let us know what you think.
Thanks for visiting the Appdome knowledge base! We hope Appdome is living up to our mission of simplifying your mobile integrations. If you don't already have an account, you can sign up for free. Happy fusing!