To enable Apple WatchKit support for a Fused app, the app must be signed using multiple provisioning profiles. Great news, Appdome enables signing apps on the platform using provisioning profiles. All you need to do is ensure you create the proper provisioning profiles on the Apple developer site. This article will help you with that.
To sign an iOS app you need a .p12 signing certificate and provisioning profile that references an APP ID defined to match the bundle ID of the app to be signed. For details on how to create the APP ID and provisioning profile, please see this article: Signing-iOS-Apps-on-Appdome-End-to-End.
To sign an app that supports an Apple WatchKit, you will need to create three provisioning profiles on the Apple developer site.
On the Apple Developer Site
1. Provisioning profile for the main app bundle ID
- Create an APP ID with an Explicit Bundle ID:
- Create and download a provisioning profile that uses the APP ID above:
2. Provisioning profile with the main app watchkitapp bundle ID
- Create an APP ID with an Explicit Bundle ID = <main app bundle ID>.watchkitapp
- Create and download a provisioning profile for the watchkitapp that uses the APP ID above:
3. Provisioning profile with the main app watchkitextension bundle ID
- Create an APP ID with an Explicit Bundle ID = <main app bundle ID>.watchkitextension
- Create and download a provisioning profile for the watchkitextension that uses the APP ID above:
After you create the provisioning profiles, you can add them when you sign the app. To sign the app, choose and enter the following:
- Provisioning profiles
When adding the provisioning profiles, select the link to Add Multiple Provisioning Profiles
Then for each provisioning profile, click Add file, and add each provisioning profile:
The picture below shows an example.
That's all there is to it. I hope this helps.
Thank you for visiting the Appdome knowledge base! We hope Appdome is living up to our mission of simplifying your mobile integrations. If you don't have an account, you can sign up for free. Happy Fusing!