Using Appdome, you can upload your iOS (.ipa) or Android (.apk) app and select options to Fuse the MobileIron AppConnect SDK to that app in a few minutes. This can be done without having to write a single line of code, prep the app or change any settings.
Once Fusion is complete, you can deploy the Fused app via MobileIron and install the Fused app on mobile devices. All data created within the app will be encrypted and protected inside a container, preventing other applications from accessing the app's encrypted data. This allows you to enjoy all the features the MobileIron AppConnect SDK offers as well as the additional features and capabilities provided by Appdome including Appdome Mobility Suite.
Fusing With MobileIron SDK Steps:
- Navigate in a browser to Appdome and login.
- Next, upload the app that you would like to Fuse. Click the + icon next to My Apps then browse for the app file.
- After the app has been added click Next
- Click Management
- Under 3rd Party SDK select MobileIron AppConnect SDK (18.104.22.168)
- From here you can enable Adaptive App Routing
- If adaptive app routing is enabled, traffic from the app is routed directly from the app to the destination. If adaptive app routing is not enabled, traffic is routed through a VPN to the MobileIron Sentry server based on the hostname-to-Sentry mappings specified.
- If you do not want Adaptive App Routing you can enable Hosts to Sentry Mapping
- With Host to Sentry Mapping enabled, your Fused app will map host names to your Sentry services. We support wildcard patterns with this mapping.
- If you would also like to add Sentry Certificate Pinning to your app you can enable this feature here. This will allow you to upload a private client certificate for clients to enable Sentry pinning.
- In addition to the MobileIron AppConnect SDK, you can also enable Appdome features that compliment, enhance, or extend the capabilities of the MobileIron AppConnect SDK. For more info, please view the article about the Appdome Mobility Suite.
- Now you can Fuse and Sign the app in Appdome.
- When this is complete you can download the Fused app file. You can then upload it to your MobileIron environment for deployment.
Uploading to MobileIron For Application Deployment Steps:
- Login to your MobileIron environment.
- Click Apps --> Add+
- Select In-House then Browse for the fused app file you previously downloaded. Click Next.
- Fill in the same value for Application Name that you have in Appdome under App Bundle Display Name in App Customization. Also fill in the same value that you have entered under App Version under Display Version in MobileIron. Click Next after entering these values.
- Enter your desired MobileIron Apps@Work Catalog and Icons information for this fused app. Click Next.
- Enter MobileIron Per App VPN Settings and Managed App Settings then click Finish.
- Select the app you just added to MobileIron --> click Actions --> Apply To Labels
- Select all the Labels / Groups that you would like this fused app to made available to in MobileIron for installation --> click Apply
Installing on iOS and / or Android mobile devices Steps:
- Enroll the device you would like to install this app on with MobileIron.
- With a MobileIron enrolled device open Apps@Work.
- Next, open Featured Apps or whichever category you have placed this Fused app into --> click the app --> Install.
- After the app installation completes open the app
Second Option: If you want to add a fused app that has AppConfig enabled to MobileIron please view this page.
Thanks for visiting the Appdome knowledge base! We hope Appdome is living up to our mission of simplifying your mobile integrations. If you don't already have an account, you can sign up for free. Happy Fusing!