With Appdome’s new Collaboration service, customers can enhance any app to experience the enriched collaboration capabilities of BlackBerry’s BBM Enterprise SDK. With the click of a button, you can integrate your app with BBM Enterprise SDK in minutes.
In order to integrate an app with the BBM Enterprise SDK, you will need to:
- Set up Google Firebase to connect an app to a specific G-Suite user database.
With this account, you will get a client ID needed to generate a BBM Enterprise Domain, and you must download a .plist file that is used in the Fusion process to configure the app to work with your Firebase G-Suite.
- Generate a BBM Enterprise Domain. You will need this domain in the configuration steps for Fusion.
Integrate Your App with the BBM Enterprise SDK
Follow the steps on Appdome to Fuse your app with the BBM Enterprise SDK.
Connect and login to Appdome.
Click Add New App
Drag or browse for your app
Once the app is in your app library and enable Collaboration 3rd Party SDKs
- Select the App
- From the Fuse menu click Fuse>Collaboration
- Enable the 3rd party SDK
Configure BBM SDK Settings
- Select the BBM Enterprise SDK
- Enter the BBM Service Domain
- Obtain the plist file from Google Firebase
You have two options available for configuration. You can configure SDK Settings for In-app Interaction Mode or Configure SDK settings for BBM Events Interaction mode. The first example will be for in-app interaction mode.
BBM In-App Interaction Mode
- Enable BBM In-App Interaction mode
BBM Events Interaction Mode – This is used if you are developing your app.
- Enable BBM Events Interaction mode
- Confirm that 'Follow' and 'Post' triggers are enabled in the app.
Fuse the app
- Click 'Fuse My App'
Sign the app
- Ensure you sign the app with a provisioning profile that has push notifications enabled for your app bundle ID.
- For information on configuring with all of the required settings for your Apple developer profile that you will sign this fused app with please refer to this link.
- Add the P12 file, Provisioning Profile, and the Password value that is associated with your Apple P12 file. Click Sign
Add this fused app to BlackBerry for deployment to BlackBerry enrolled iOS devices
- Sign into your BlackBerry environment --> Apps --> Add App --> Internal apps
- Browse for the fused app file --> Add
Install the app on your BlackBerry enrolled iOS device
- Open BlackBerry Access on your iOS device --> open Appstore in BlackBerry Access.
- You will then see your app listed. Click it and Install.
- Next, it will ask you if you want UEM Client to open the app --> Open.
- You can now open your integrated BlackBerry Messenger app.
Thanks for visiting the Appdome knowledge base! We hope Appdome is living up to our mission of simplifying your mobile integrations. If you don't already have an account, you can sign up for free. Happy fusing!
For more information on Appdome for BlackBerry Messenger please visit this resource.