This article covers how to use MobileIron to distribute Appdome fused applications with the MobileIron SDK and all AppConfig available settings.
The following pre-requisite tasks need to be completed prior to distributing your application with MobileIron:
- Your mobile application is fused without an SDK selected and you have enabled AppConfig Managed Security.
- Your mobile application is signed.
- You have a configured and accessible instance of MobileIron.
iOS AppConfig Options in Addition to Options Available in MobileIron
Android AppConfig Options in Addition to Options Available in MobileIron
Security Controls Available Through Implementation with App-Configuration Strings
- MobileIron Core Environment
- Login to your MobileIron Core environment.
- Click on Policies & Configs --> Add New and select iOS or Android --> Managed App Config
- Next fill in the Name, Description, BundleID, and choose the .plist file. After filling these in click Save
- Next it will say New App Config Setting was successfully added. Click OK
- Select the newly added Configuration so it adds a check mark icon next to it. Then select More Actions --> Apply To Label
- Select the Label that you would like to Apply this configuration to. Then click Apply.
- MobileIron Cloud Environment
Here are the steps you have to follow with MobileIron Cloud that are different then MobileIron Core.
- Login to your MobileIron Cloud environment.
- Click on Apps
- Select the app you wish to add configuration values to in MobileIron --> Apps
- Next select App Configurations then click iOS Managed App Configuration
5. Next fill in the Name, and Add iOS Managed App Settings values. Choose who you would like to distribute this to and click Save.6. Next you will have this iOS Managed App Config value listed under App Configurations for the app.
Here is a link to more information for ISVs in using Appdome!
Thank you for visiting the Appdome knowledge base! We hope Appdome is living up to our mission of simplifying your mobile integrations. If you don't have an account, you can sign up for free. Happy Fusing!
For more information on Appdome for AppConfig please visit this resource.