A UDID is a unique iOS device identification number that it can be identified within applications. Below are two different ways that you can obtain a UDID.
You can use iOS device’s UDID with application developers in the application.
- Obtain through connecting your iOS device to a computer over USB and opening iTunes.
- After plugging in your iOS device to the USB cable that is connected to your computer open iTunes.
- Click the device icon to the right of Apps drop-down menu in iTunes
- Click the serial number value until you see the UDID value being displayed
- At this point, you will see the UDID value being displayed for your iOS device
2. The second method for getting the UDID of an iOS device is through navigating to this page in the Safari browser on your iOS device à http://get.udid.io/
- Click Tap to find UDID
- You will next click Allow on the window that is asking “This website is trying to open Settings to show you a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?”
- At the next prompt, you will be asked to Install a Profile to be given your UDID value, so click Install on this screen
- You will next be asked for the Passcode on your iOS device, so Enter Passcode
- Next tap on Install
- Now you will be taken to a screen which displays your iOS device’s UDID, IMEI, and Serial no.
Add iOS Devices to Ad Hoc Provisioning Profile
- Log in to the Apple Developer page at https://developer.apple.com/
- Click Devices -> All
- Click + icon in the top right of the page
- Enter the Name and UDID of your device and click Continue
- Optionally, if you want to register multiple devices, you can click on Download Sample Files to get the format for a file you can upload. The following screenshot shows the format for iOS devices.
- Select an existing Ad Hoc Provisioning Profile or create a new one and this profile will be able to install a Signed app on all devices on this list in the Apple developer website.
Thank you for visiting the Appdome knowledge base! We hope Appdome is living up to our mission of simplifying your mobile integrations. If you don't have an account, you can sign up for free. Happy Fusing!