A UDID is a unique iOS device identification number that it can be identified with in applications.
There are two different ways that you can identify an iOS device’s UDID for use with application developers in the application.
- Obtain through connecting your iOS device to a computer over USB and opening iTunes.
- After plugging in your iOS device to the USB cable that is connected to your computer open iTunes.
- Click the device icon to the right of Apps dropdown menu in iTunes
- Click the serial number value until you see the UDID value being displayed
- At this point you will see the UDID value being displayed for your iOS device
2. The second method for getting the UDID of an iOS device is through navigating to this page in the Safari browser on your iOS device à http://get.udid.io/
- Click Tap to find UDID
- You will next click Allow on the window that is asking “This website is trying to open Settings to show you a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?”
- At the next prompt, you will be asked to Install a Profile to be given your UDID value, so click Install on this screen
- You will next be asked for the Passcode on your iOS device, so Enter Passcode
- Next tap on Install
- Now you will be taken to a screen which displays your iOS device’s UDID, IMEI, and Serial no.