1. IntroductionAppdome released a range of new features aimed at making it's Appdome for App Publisher service better and more attractive for App makers and users of commercial apps. In addition to simplifying the UI for viewers of commercial apps on Appdome, Appdome now allows commercial app makers to empower their enterprise customers to brand the app as part of every Fusion integration event. App branding includes updating the app display name, app icon, add favicon and config files that can be attached to an app. This functionality is perfect for custom enterprise app experiences that groups and organizations need to maintain engagement among the workforce.
2. Upload new app or Import an App from the App Publisher CatalogIf you have purchased an EXTEND or IDEAL account on Appdome, you have access to the App Publisher Catalog when importing apps. You can also request a trial.
- To begin, click Add New App
- Upload new app or choose an app from the Catalog and click Add to My Apps
- Choose your desired Fusion Set and click Fuse
3. Customize your appOnce the fusion process is finished you will be prompt to the Brand page.
- You can then modify the following app settings.
- App Display Name
Set the display name for the app.
- App Icon
Upload new icon for your app.
This must be a .png file of up to 100MB. We recommend that it will be square and at least 256X256 pixle.
- App Favicon
Select a new overlay image to the existing icon to identify the customized app.
- Custom Config Files
Attach config files to the app. If an app can be configured by a local file in the app, this option allows you to attach one or more files to the app.
i. In iOS, the uploaded configuration files are added without modification to Payload/<appname>.app
ii. In Android, the uploaded configuration files are added to assets and res/raw
4. SummaryThe App customization features make it easy to customize an app regardless if you are the app developer or the proud owner of an app that was provided by a developer. If you are uploading the app from the App Publisher catalog, or if you are uploading an app to Fuse with an SDK, with a couple of clicks and a few keystrokes, you can customize the settings for an app. Happy Fusing!
Thanks for visiting the Appdome knowledge base! We hope Appdome is living up to our mission of simplifying your mobile integrations. If you don't already have an account, you can sign up for free. Happy Fusing!
For more information on Appdome for Publishers Overview please view this resource.